Individual Clinician Benefits
There are never enough hours in a day for clinicians to be able to gather the information that they need in order to do their job properly. ISIPS is committed to assisting healthcare workers by providing the resources about sharps injury prevention and blood exposure prevention products and services. ISIPS has brought together clinicians, medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers, health organizations, healthcare professionals, medical waste disposal experts, hospitals, insurance companies, managed care organizations, alternate site providers and others to provide education, information, and product knowledge that will help reduce the number of sharps injuries that occur each year.
The goals of the Society are to:
- Promote medical sharps injury prevention methods.
- Encourage federal and state legislators to include sharps injury prevention language in legislative efforts. This includes State and Federal legislation in the US as well as legislative efforts in governments around the world.
- Communicate to the media, Web sites and other outlets about the importance of sharps injury prevention, ISIPS, and the safety benefits of Society members’ products and service categories.
- Recruit new members and other supporting organizations that strengthen the Society.
- Focus on the dissemination of information concerning sharps injury news, blood exposure prevention, HIV, Hepatitis, and other infection control measures that would potentially impact health care workers.
- ISIPS disseminates this information with periodic press releases and electronic newsletters with regular updates on needlestick safety, regulatory and legislative issues, and other information essential for today’s health care workers.